Saturday, September 10, 2005

luscious colours ....

am i the only one who just found out about this gorgeous yarn?
Yarn That Rocks
i haven't seen it with my hands, yet (so to speak); but this Washable merino wool looks incredibly gorgeous.

And, in the home front,
i stayed in the house all week (working of course, so not a loss!)
to wait for a parcel from the post. I mailed home some packages while in scotland... mostly the wools that i bought. However, i am waiting for one more. Everything else arrived by last Tuesday. it's a wonderful wall hanging made of colourful Harris tweeds. (yes, the real deal).
cross your fingers for me that it arrives this coming week.

Knitting news: sock number two of a wool and mohair blend is coming along. I've just started the heel. i have never had socks with mohair. can't wait to try them.


.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Nadine,

Was the tweed hanging from Francis - made from small strips of the tweed? If so I have a "Peat Fire".

Sorry I couldn't get to meet up but SO glad you had a good time.

Helen